Friday, June 27, 2008

My presentation at ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2008

Two weeks ago I attended the ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2008 conference in New Orleans. This was a great event.

The view from my hotel room was truly awesome:


On Saturday I did have some time to hang out with Patrick Wolf in the French Quarter for breakfast:


On the first (pre conference) day, there was an APEX symposium held. The focus was on customer success stories showing off successful real world implementations of APEX projects to add even more "street" credibility to APEX.

It was very interesting to hear about the different projects.

My presentation was about the successful implementation of two projects at the German Telecom Shops. My main struggle there has been the very tight deadlines (only a few weeks) in which I had to deliver the applications.


(Scott Spendolini and me)


(giving the presentation)

(answering questions)


I am very happy that my presentation was well received. You can download the presentation here.

Also, it was the first time for me to record my online demo and show the video during my presentation. This way I could pause the demo and explain more details where necessary. Also I wouldn't have to switch between screens so often to copy/paste information for the demo. Sometimes this makes a presentation a bit hard to follow. The tool I used for that was the Camtasia Studio by Techsmith. I am very pleased with the produced results.

I really enjoyed hanging out with the APEX development team and meeting really nice folks I know from the Oracle APEX forum.

Regards,
~Dietmar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can not open the PPT, Powerpoint is saying there is a missing file when you try and open the PPT file..

Unknown said...

Hi Tony,

sorry to hear that. But I cannot reproduce the issue. I just downloaded it from another computer, seems to work fine there.

I need some more information:
1) Filesize of the downloaded file
2) Version of Powerpoint you are using
3) What file is missing?

You can also email me directly at dietmar dot aust at opal-consulting dot de.

Regards,
~Dietmar.